Research interests: Corporate finance and investments with primary focus on corporate investments in intangibles such as corporate innovations, corporate social responsibility, and corporate culture.
“The Effect of Cultural Similarity on Mergers and Acquisitions: Evidence from Corporate Social Responsibility” (with Fred Bereskin, Seong K. Byun, and Micah S. Officer), 2018.
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, forthcoming.
“Local Corporate Social Responsibility, Media Coverage, and Shareholder Value”
(with Seong K. Byun), 2018. Journal of Banking and Finance 87, 68–86.
“Absorptive Capacity, Technology Spillovers, and the Cross-Section of Stock Returns,” 2017. Journal of Banking and Finance 85, 146–164.
“How do Technology Spillovers Affect Firms’ Product Market Strategies and Investment Decisions?” (with Seong K. Byun and Han Xia)
- Best Paper Award, Entrepreneurial Finance and Innovation Conference (EFIC), 2015
- Presented at Financial Management Association (FMA) annual meeting (2016), SFA annual meeting (2015), Entrepreneurial Finance and Innovation Conference (EFIC), Brandeis IBS (2015)
“Corporate Strategy, Technology Peers, and CEO Compensation”
(with Seong K. Byun)
- Presented (by co-author) at Financial Management Association (FMA) annual meeting (2016), Midwest Finance Association (MFA) Annual Meeting (2016), Univ. of Mississippi, Univ. of Central Florida
“Strategic Secrecy of Pending Patents”
(with Bernhard Ganglmair)
- Presented at Searle Center Conference on Innovation Economics (2015), European Economic Association (2015), IIOC (2015), Tel Aviv Univ., Haifa Univ., Bar-Ilan Univ., E.CA Economics (2014), by co-author
“Strategic Employee Compensation Disclosure”
- Presented at The University of Texas at Dallas, 2015